Thursday, March 12, 2009

Social Media and High-End Luxury

I may be older, but my experience in the luxury watch industry is undeniable, and even I realize the importance of social media.

I know our industry is very hesitant to embrace Myspace, Twitter, Facebook and all the other social networks, but after meeting with my PR agency representative I feel very confident to say that with the RIGHT program and RIGHT strategy, social media can be very effective. Though I have been with them for about 1 week, I can already see the results of their work. They got me started on Twitter and I'm addicted! I met great journalists and other watch enthusiasts that will be attending Basel! I can't wait to meet them and show them the new Perrelet Collection in addition to seeing one of my retailers promoting my brand in the Timezone forums.

So as a fellow luxury industry expert, I say as long as the strategy is appropriate, then embrace social media. Hope to see everyone at Basel this year. -- oh yeah, follow me on Twitter by clicking here.

2 comments:

  1. Michael,

    Kudos to you and Perrelet. Online media is here to stay and we can and will do great things for the watch industry.

    Again my regrets that I will miss you at Basel this year.

    Kyle S

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries. We will meet one day and you can view Perrelet in person.

    ReplyDelete